Donnerstag, 20. Mai 2010

Suzani

Over at design sponge there is a nice tutorial on making a suzani inspired pillow. It's really cute and reminded me of an exhibition of suzanis I saw half a year ago in the Museum of Islamic Art in the Pergamon Museum here in Berlin. It was mainly concentrating on large medaillon suzanis.


For all who are wondering: a suzani is a large fabric covered in embroidery. They were used as wall hangings or covers. And let me tell you: looking at them closely you get totally overwhelmed by all those stitches! Here is an interesting link I found with detail pics. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me then and also haven't bought the catalogue (yet).


And now there is this itching in my fingers again, just like after seeing the exhibition, to embroider something. Preferably with carnations... 




Da das Tutorial bei designsponge eh nur auf Englisch zu lesen ist (aber gut bebildert), habe ich diesen Lobgesang auf Suzanis mal nur auf Englisch geschrieben... Den Links oben zu folgen lohnt sich aber auf jeden Fall, wenn man sommerliche Stickinspiration sucht.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts with Thumbnails